Today I finished up my Do. good stitches bee blocks for August. Ara Jane requested x & + blocks, and had us follow the popular tutorial written by Amy. These blocks are quite fun to make. I found that it was easiest to cut a number of 3.5 inch blocks as well as quite a few 2 inch wide strips, and then to sub-cut the strips as I needed to to make all of the 2 inch squares required for each block. This gave me a chance to lay fabrics out to see how they looked together as I went along to create the blocks. I like when there’s quite a bit of contrast between the different shapes in the blocks, so I used that to guide my fabric choices.
It’s my turn to design the quite for September, and I’ve been working on a new block I’m excited to share soon!